Concrete Mixer Truck Mechanics
Brannan Companies, proudly owned and operated in Colorado, commands a unique position in the marketplace by providing a wide range of aggregates, asphalt paving and maintenance services, ready mix concrete, and specialized underground utility construction services in the Denver Metro area. Our vision is to build a great, truly dynamic company that makes a fair profit, has a heart for its employees and is dedicated to total customer satisfaction.
To help us achieve that mission, we are looking for experienced concrete mixer truck mechanics to join our growing team.
• High school diploma preferred.
• Experience in a one or more of the following roles or industries: heavy diesel mechanic, mixer truck mechanic, concrete manufacturing, fleet service technician.
• Be able to read, write, and speak English.
• Bilingual a plus.
• Must have own tools up to 1 ¼”.
• Perform maintenance and repair of various types of mobile equipment in company shops or on public roadways as necessary.
• Maximize equipment availability through the use of efficient and proactive preventative maintenance programs.
• Diagnose electrical problems and perform mechanical repairs and maintenance to various types of equipment including but not limited to: tires, ready mix concrete trucks and heavy construction equipment.
• Operate and inspect equipment to diagnose defects.
• Perform routine preventative maintenance such as lubricating, oil changes, and failure analysis.
• Perform routine brake inspections/adjustments on commercial vehicles following Federal DOT requirements.
• Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic systems, electronics, and other components of a concrete mixer truck.
• Remove components for repair or replacement such as, but not limited to: injectors, starters, water pumps, radiators, brakes, etc.
• Create work orders on repairs and services providing legible and accurate information for work performed.
• Coordinate with location supervisor and review pre-trip truck inspections to prioritize work accordingly.
• Communicate with drivers and plant managers to ensure adherence to preventative vehicle maintenance policies and practices.
• Use a wide variety of hand and power tools, cutting torches and welding equipment.
• Order parts from Brannan Parts Department.
• Operate fixed and mobile equipment as necessary.
• May assist in the maintenance and repair of fixed equipment.
• Adhere to all Brannan and OSHA rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds.
• Meet or exceed company safety standards.
• Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree.
• Ability to exert up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 lbs. or force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment.
• Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors.
• Must wear protective equipment while at the location.
Don’t hesitate, your career is waiting! Apply in person, resume via email or online.
Brannan offers competitive wages/benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.